What is the Board of Adjustment and when do they meet?
The Board of Adjustment is a 5-member "quasi-judicial" board appointed by the city council to hear requests for variances to the city zoning ordinance (i.e., setbacks, height, lot coverage, building materials, and fence height and location) or to determine if a city official has made an error regarding a zoning requirement. They will also consider special exceptions.

The Board of Adjustment meets as needed at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers. Most meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month, but occasionally, special meetings may be held because of holidays or other unique circumstances.

Please confirm meeting dates by calling the Planning Department at 972-564-7384.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to erect a sign?
2. What is the Board of Adjustment and when do they meet?
3. What is the City of Forney's Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ)?
4. What must I do to rezone my property?
5. When does the Planning and Zoning Commission meet?
6. Where do I find information about building setbacks?
7. Who can apply to rezone a piece of property?
8. Who can tell me how my property is zoned?