What happens at court if I am a juvenile (person under the age of 17)?

Juveniles must appear in person before the Judge, accompanied by a parent or guardian. Juveniles do not have to take action on a citation within 20 days. Notice of their court date and time will be mailed by the Court to the address shown on the citation. If the mailing address on the citation is incorrect it is your responsibility to contact the court.

If the juvenile fails to appear, their driver's license may be denied or suspended until they do appear in court with a parent or guardian.

For more information please refer to the juvenile procedures pamphlet, speak with the Juvenile Case Manager 972-552-6660 or you may want to consult an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. How can I pay for my citation?
2. Can I take a driver safety course to dismiss my citation?
3. How do I request a background check?
4. I was summoned for jury duty, how do I know if I can be exempted?
5. What are my options for dismissal of certain offenses?
6. What are my options for entering a plea?
7. What are my rights in Municipal Court?
8. What happens at trial?
9. What happens at court if I am a juvenile (person under the age of 17)?
10. What if I need to make payment arrangements?
11. What if I want to appeal my citation?
12. What if I want to speak with the Judge about my citation?
13. What is the proper attire for court or jury duty?
14. What are the Local Rules of the Court?