- Human Resources
- Employee Benefits
The city is self-insured and offers a choice of two medical plans through United Healthcare:
- $6,000 Deductible HSA Plan (up to a $3,000 HRA reimbursement + HSA City Contributions)
- $2,500 Deductible EPO Plan
Employee health coverage goes into effect the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. Coverage is available to all full-time employees at group rates.
The city offers a dental plan through United Healthcare Dental:
- UHC DPPO
Coverage is available to all full-time employees at group rates.
Basic group life insurance protection is provided to eligible full-time employees in the amount of two times the annual salary as recorded at the beginning of each year.
Voluntary products are also available to full-time employees and include supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, cancer insurance, and critical care.
Other City Paid Plans
- Teladoc -All full-time employees have access to TELADOC
- Short Term Disability – Provided to all full-time employees at no cost through NY Life.
- Long Term Disability – Provided to all full-time employees at no cost through NY Life.
Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
All employees appointed to positions designated to work 1,000 hours or more per year must participate in the Texas Municipal Retirement System. TMRS is a qualified tax deferred retirement plan under Section 401 of the IRS. Seven percent of gross earnings are deducted each payroll as a pre-tax deduction and deposited into the member account. When an employee becomes vested and retires, the city provides 2-to-1 matching contributions.
Additional Group Benefits
Other benefits are:
- Deferred Compensation plan
- Direct deposit
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Personal leave
- Sick leave
- Social Security
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program