Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Update: March 20, 2020
Today, Mayor Mary Penn signed a local state of disaster declaration and public health emergency for the City of Forney. The main purpose of this disaster declaration is to ensure that as a City, we have all of the resources available to help manage and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic as it affects our community. A photo of the declaration is attached to this message. There are no new restrictions for the public at this time, and there are still no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Kaufman County or the City of Forney.
The Forney Economic Development Corporation (FEDC) and City of Forney are working hard to support our local businesses. The FEDC has developed a webpage (https://forneytexasedc.org/covid19) that concisely identifies several local business resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. A photo of those resources is attached and available here with direct links (https://forneytexasedc.org/sites/default/files/files/COVID-19%20Business%20Resources(1).pdf).
At the City of Forney, all City Departments have changed the ways we are doing business during the COVID-19 emergency to ensure the safety of our employees, citizens, and visitors to Forney. While we have not closed City Hall or some other City facilities, we have made many procedural changes that allow us to continue serving citizens but reduce exposure and practice social distancing recommendations. Some of the more noticeable changes you may have noticed:
• City Parks are closed
• Most City events and meetings have been postponed or moved to a teleconference or virtual setting
• Forney Police Department is handling as many calls for service via telephone as possible
• All Forney Police and Fire personnel are equipped with personal protective equipment to protect them when responding to calls for service that require an on-scene response
• And many others
As a reminder from the City of Forney and Forney Police Department, you may obtain several of our services online:
• General City Services & Website: https://www.forneytx.gov/
• Crash Reports: Get a copy of a crash report online by visiting https://cris.dot.state.tx.us/public/Purchase/app/home/welcome
• Open Records Requests: Submit open records requests online by visiting https://forneytx.mycusthelp.com/WEBAPP/_rs/(S(2acxwbi0ki0efrzcjkncvrv0))/SupportHome.aspx