Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information
At the City of Forney, all City Departments have changed the ways we are doing business during the COVID-19 emergency to ensure the safety of our employees, citizens, and visitors to Forney. While we have not closed City Hall or some other City facilities, we have made many procedural changes that allow us to continue serving citizens but reduce exposure and practice social distancing recommendations. Some of the more noticeable changes you may have noticed:
• Most City events and meetings have been postponed or moved to a teleconference or virtual setting
• Forney Police Department is handling as many calls for service via telephone as possible
• All Forney Police and Fire personnel are equipped with personal protective equipment to protect them when responding to calls for service that require an on-scene response
As a reminder from the City of Forney and Forney Police Department, you may obtain several of our services online:
• General City Services & Website: https://www.forneytx.gov/
• Crash Reports: Get a copy of a crash report online by visiting https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/division/traffic/law-enforcement/crash-reports.html
• Open Records Requests: Submit open records requests online by visiting https://forneytx.mycusthelp.com/WEBAPP/_rs/(S(2acxwbi0ki0efrzcjkncvrv0))/SupportHome.aspx
To locate a COVID-19 testing site near you: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html#tx
COVID-19 Vaccine is still in very limited supply and is still being prioritized to Phase 1A healthcare workers. However, limited supplies of vaccine may be available for persons who meet the Phase 1B criteria (Persons 65 and older, or persons 16+ with underlying medical conditions).
The Texas Department of State Health Services has put together vaccine information for Texas residents.