Automatic Disqualifiers for Employment
Below is a list of common disqualifiers. This is not meant to be an all-inclusive list. Please contact a Recruiting Supervisor for clarification or to check your eligibility.
- Have ever been convicted, or on court-ordered community supervision or probation, for any criminal offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor
- Have been convicted, or on community supervision or probation for a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
- Currently under indictment for any criminal offense
- Have ever been convicted of an offense involving family violence.
- Are prohibited by state or federal law from possession firearms or ammunition
- Are prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle
Having been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions including, specifically;
- Under other than honorable conditions
- Bad conduct
- Any other characterization of service indicating bad character
- Any marijuana usage within the prior 24 months
- Selling of marijuana within the prior ten (10) years
- Selling any controlled substance or dangerous drug is a permanent disqualifier
- Must not have ever used the following illicit drugs (methamphetamine, heroin)
- All other drug usage will be evaluated based on substance used, age at time of use, and frequency of use
- Have had a commission (TCOLE) license denied by final order or revoked
- Are currently on suspension, or have resigned to avoid suspension
Each applicant’s entire driving record will be reviewed on a case by case basis, with the last five (5) years being the most critical. However, the following will be automatic disqualifiers;
- Have been convicted of DWI within the last ten (10) years
- Suspension of your driver’s license for any reason within the last 24 months
The City of Forney is transitioning to a tobacco free workforce. Therefore, any applicant receiving a conditional offer will be tested for the presence of nicotine/tobacco. A positive test will result in disqualification from the process. Per City of Forney policy, effective October 1, 2019, the City of Forney will only hire employees that do not use tobacco products or smokeless tobacco products.