Our currently adopted code Fire Codes is the 2018 International Fire Code (IFC) with amendments.
Free access to the entire 2018 International Fire Codes can be found on the International Code Council website.
The Fire Marshal Division has their entire Fire Codes available online.
National Fire Protection Association
The City of Forney is currently using the 2016 edition of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. The most current edition of standards can be found on the NFPA website. Listed below are a number of the most commonly utilized standards.
- NFPA 13 - Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 13D - Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes.
- NFPA 13R - Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in Low-Rise Residential Occupancy
- NFPA 14 - Standard for the Installation of Standpipes and Hose Systems
- NFPA 20 - Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- NFPA 72 - National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code