The City Attorney's Office provides timely, cost-efficient, quality legal services to support the City Council, City Manager and City staff in fulfilling their missions and implementing policy set by Council; and to advance, advocate, and safeguard the interests of the City in accordance with applicable law.
The City Attorney will advise City Officials and departments on a wide range of legal issues including:
- Draft agreements, ordinances and resolutions when needed
- Provide advice to City boards, committees and commissions
- Advise Council and staff of pending legislation and assist in drafting proposals for legislation in areas of concern to the City of Forney
- Provide advice on state and federal grants
- Process claims on behalf of the City and against the City