Building Applications: Residential

The Community Development Department utilizes an online development application and plan review process through MyGov. The process is designed to increase efficiency, improve customer service, and reduce the number of paper submittals. MyGov also allows for convenient online payment of fees and the attachment of project documents.

Contractors may submit all plans for non-residential or commercial projects through MyGov, however, in certain situations, the City may ask for several hard copies of plans and specifications, including a plot plan.

Residential Permit Application Requirements

Residential Plan Review Comments

Residential Inspection Checklist

Filing for a Permit Tutorial

Required Permits

Non-residential or commercial permits that the City requires are:

  • Alcohol
  • Commercial building
  • Fire ansul and alarm temporary food
  • Food establishment
  • Mobile vendor
  • Signs both temporary and permanent
  • And others

Commercial permit submittal requirements can all be found through MyGov. If you have any questions, you may contact the Community Development Department by phone at 972.564.7385, or stop by the Community Development office at 101 E Aimee Street.


All contractors that complete work in the city limits must be registered through the City. If you are not registered, please complete the Contractor Registration Application and pay the necessary $30 fee per license. (Electrical and Plumbing contractors are exempt from registration fee.) If you need assistance with registering as a contractor, please view this Contractor Registration Tutorial


Residents and developers may now complete the permit process online, including paying for permits, licenses and certificates. All prices labeled on documents, are the price of the permit and do not include online fees.