The engagement between residents and the City of Forney makes it a better place. Join the conversation with the City's multi-channel social media team to learn about what the City does each day, and how you can become part of the discussion. The City of Forney welcomes conversation but reserves the right to moderate comments in accordance with City policies.
The City of Forney believes resident feedback plays an important role in the governance of our community. Forney's digital media and social networking sites are open to comments. Forney's digital media and social networking sites are just a few of the many tools the City utilizes for information distribution and the receipt of resident feedback. Not every issue facing the City will necessarily be addressed on the digital media and social networking sites. The City's goal for these communication tools are to:
- Facilitate a sense of Community
- Increase transparency of the City's decision-making process
- Provide additional channels of input for residents and other stakeholders
- Reach new audiences with City messages and information
Comment Posting Regulations
The City intends to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue. In that spirit, the rules for posting external comments on any official City of Forney digital or social networking site will maintain a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers, while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Moderation will take place during the City's normal business hours. Posted comments must comply with the following regulations:
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- Comments and posts cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other information.
- Comments and posts cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments and posts cannot serve electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published.
- Comments and posts containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Comments and posts must be civil and may not contain slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language.
- Comments on City posts must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.