- Social Media
The engagement between residents and the City of Forney makes it a better place. Join the conversation with the City's multi-channel social media team to learn about what the City does each day, and how you can become part of the discussion. The City of Forney welcomes conversation but reserves the right to moderate comments in accordance with City policies.
- Use of vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language.
- Content that that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.
- Content that infringes upon copyright, trademark, or any registered mark.
- Obscenity. The content, or any material contained in it, contains obscene matter or any other matter that is prohibited under the provisions of Section 43.23 of the Texas Penal Code.
- Unlawful goods, services, behavior or activities. The content, or any material contained in it, promotes or encourages, or appears to promote or encourage, the use or possession of unlawful or illegal goods, services, and behavior or activities.
- Support or opposition of any ballot issue or candidate for office.
- Violence. The content, or any material contained in it, contains an image or description of graphic violence, including, but not limited to: (1) the depiction of human or animal bodies or body parts, or fetuses, in states of mutilation, dismemberment, decomposition, or disfigurement, and (2) the depiction of weapons or other implements or devices associated in the advertisement with an act or acts of violence or harm on a person or animal.
- Comments unrelated to the topic of the forum; hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion.
- Spam or commercial promotions; content containing any unsolicited or unauthorized advertisement or solicitation (i.e. spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other promotional materials).
- Promotion or advertising of any businesses or commercial enterprises, unless they are providing support to city services.
- Posts or links that contain malicious software (malware) such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, spyware, adware or any other unwanted software.”
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials of non-City services or programs, with the exception of organizations partnered with the City, will not be permitted.