Municipal Court of Record Number 1
Court E-mail: [email protected]
Court Hours (currently)
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- *Closed Daily for lunch* 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Court payments can be made by phone at 1-833-303-3772. Online at www.forneytx.gov or by dropping a check or money order (payable to "City of Forney") in the drop box located to the left of City Hall front entrance at 101 East Main Street.
The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over all fine-only offenses committed within the Forney city limits. These offenses include Class C misdemeanors, traffic offenses and city code violations, for which the maximum fine, upon conviction, does not exceed $500, and for which no jail sentence may be assessed.
They also hear cases involving violation of city ordinances, which may have fines up to $2,000 for certain offenses.
Municipal Courts are the judicial branch of city government. In addition, the Municipal Court is part of the state judicial system. The Municipal Court hears Class C misdemeanor criminal cases, including traffic violations. The Municipal Court Judge also arraigns prisoners and performs other magistrate duties.
- How can I pay for my citation?
- Can I take a driver safety course to dismiss my citation?
- How do I request a background check?
- I was summoned for jury duty, how do I know if I can be exempted?
- What are my options for dismissal of certain offenses?
- What are my options for entering a plea?
- What are my rights in Municipal Court?
- What happens at trial?
- What happens at court if I am a juvenile (person under the age of 17)?
- What if I need to make payment arrangements?
- What if I want to appeal my citation?
- What if I want to speak with the Judge about my citation?
- What is the proper attire for court or jury duty?
- What are the Local Rules of the Court?