Municipal Court of Record Number 1
**ATTENTION - UPDATE**
Our lobby is now open on Mondays from 8:00 am - 11:00 am and Thursdays 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm for walk-ins. The Forney Municipal Court lobby is currently closed other than stated above.
Court payments can be made by phone at 1-833-303-3772. Online at www.forneytx.gov or by dropping a check or money order (payable to "City of Forney") in the drop box located to the left of City Hall front entrance at 101 East Main Street.
Court E-mail: [email protected]
Court Hours (currently)
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- *Closed Daily for lunch* 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over all fine-only offenses committed within the Forney city limits. These offenses include Class C misdemeanors, traffic offenses and city code violations, for which the maximum fine, upon conviction, does not exceed $500, and for which no jail sentence may be assessed.
They also hear cases involving violation of city ordinances, which may have fines up to $2,000 for certain offenses.
Municipal Courts are the judicial branch of city government. In addition, the Municipal Court is part of the state judicial system. The Municipal Court hears Class C misdemeanor criminal cases, including traffic violations. The Municipal Court Judge also arraigns prisoners and performs other magistrate duties.
- How can I pay for my citation?
- Can I take a driver safety course to dismiss my citation?
- How do I request a background check?
- I was summoned for jury duty, how do I know if I can be exempted?
- What are my options for dismissal of certain offenses?
- What are my options for entering a plea?
- What are my rights in Municipal Court?
- What happens at trial?
- What happens at court if I am a juvenile (person under the age of 17)?
- What if I need to make payment arrangements?
- What if I want to appeal my citation?
- What if I want to speak with the Judge about my citation?
- What is the proper attire for court or jury duty?
- What are the Local Rules of the Court?