A program has been established in Kaufman County to provide aid to innocent persons who suffer physical, emotional, or financial loss as a result of a crime of violence. The contracted team can provide:
- Assistance with hearings and assignments at court
- Bilingual language assistance
- Crisis intervention services on-scene or immediately after a crime
- Emergency food, clothing, furniture, etc.
- On call chaplain 24 hours a day
- Transportation assistance
- Treatment and/or counseling services
You may be eligible for financial assistance for medical, counseling, or basic survival needs if you have been a victim of crime, and are innocent of any wrong doing in the incident. To be eligible, the crime must have been reported to your local law enforcement agency near the time of the occurrence.