We, the men and women of the Forney Police Department, are committed to providing excellence in leadership through innovation and creativity in a dynamic and professional organization; and, to create a safe and secure environment through protection as well as prevention; and to dedicate ourselves to Community Oriented Policing.
The Vision of the Forney Police Department is to instill a sense of pride to each and every citizen within our community. We strive to serve our community with integrity and professionalism, while providing proactive, two‐way, interaction with the residents and businesses to enhance the safety and security for all.
We, the members of the Forney Police Department, base our thoughts and actions on these shared values.
- Service to Our Community: We value the opportunity to provide service in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive, effective and efficient. An attitude of respect for and the protection of the worth, dignity, rights of all people are the foundations of our department.
- Integrity: We value candor, honesty and ethical behavior in members of our department. We are committed to uphold our positions of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Responsibility and Accountability: We will be responsible and accountable for our actions, willing to admit our mistakes and ensure that we learn and improve upon them. We will be mindful of our behavior, both on‐ and off‐duty, to ensure we earn the support and trust of our community.
- Professionalism: We value professionalism by having a clear sense of commitment, perspective, direction and dedication. Professionalism is developed by creating an environment that encourages teamwork, innovation and constant self‐improvement of ourselves. A professional attitude is dedicated to quality, timeliness and excellence in our service to the community.
- Pride and Satisfaction in Our Profession: We believe our work to be a source of self‐satisfaction and pride. We are proud of our accomplishments as a department. Each member serves with the awareness of the heightened sense of responsibility and duty it brings and we do so with immeasurable pride in being able to be part of this Community as well as the Law Enforcement Community.