Special Election Information
General Election May 4, 2024
Elected Officers & Candidacy Requirements
- Secretary of State Form AW 1-15 Internet Posting Requirement - City Council Terms of Office and 2024 Election Year Qualifications for Office
- Notice of Deadline to File An Application for Place on the May 4, 2024 General Election Ballot
City Council Elections
City elections are held every May. As a result of changes to the City Charter at the November 7, 2023 Special Election, canvassed on November 20. 2023, Council Member Terms were changed to three-year terms. For 2024, Council Places 1,3, and 5 are up for election. The City Charter, Article V (PDF) sets out the provisions for filing for office. City Council members are elected for staggered 3-year terms. While the City Council is elected by place number, the number is for candidacy purposes only, and each member represents the entire population of Forney.
- First day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, at 7:30 a.m.
- Last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot: Friday, February 16, 2024, at 5:00 p.m.
November 7, 2023, Official Election Results
On November 20, 2023, City Council adopted Ordinance No. 23-44 canvassing the election results for the November 7, 2023 Special Charter Amendment Election as well as adopting the amended City Charter which incorporated the changes approved by qualified voters of the Cit. The referenced ordinance can be found here.
- Provides election results for all items on the ballot. You can search your interest by selecting County, Cities, School Districts, or Other Districts.
- The scrolling page of results can be found here.
- Provides the results all cities, with the City of Forney Propositions A-G being listed first.
- Provides election results for State of Texas Constitution Propositions.
Special Election November 7, 2023 - Proposed City Charter Amendments
On August 15, 2023, City Council approved Ordinance No. 23-21 ordering a Special Election to be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2023 for the purpose of submitting to qualified voters of the city several charter amendments. The city charter is the fundamental governing document for the city and outlines certain authorities and restrictions the city has over municipal affairs.
The ordinance and proposed charter changes can be found at the following links:
- Ordinance Ordering a Special Election(English/Spanish combined)
- Notice of Special Charter Amendment Election
- Proposed Charter Changes
Other Election Information can be found by selecting the applicable section below:
- Notice of Voting Order Priority
- Sample Ballot
- Ballot By Mail Tracker
- Central Counting Station Plans
- Additional information can be found at Kaufman County Elections
Election Day Vote Centers
Kaufman County Elections Office
The City contracts with the Kaufman County Elections Office to conduct our elections.
Kaufman, Texas 75142