The Forney Fire Department provides car seat installation and training to caregivers who live in the City of Forney or the Forney ISD jurisdiction. Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians conduct these by appointment only. If you are interested and setting up an appointment, please fill out the following form: Car Seat Safety Program Form
Things to Know Before Your Appointment
- The Forney Fire Department does not provide car seats. Please bring your own car seat to the appointment.
- If expecting, schedule an appointment 1 to 2 months prior to Mom’s due date.
- If your child is already born, know your child’s weight and height.
- If your child is already born, bring your child with you. If possible, also bring another adult to help watch the child while you are learning.
- Bring the Car Seat Instructions AND the Vehicle Owner’s Manual with you to your appointment!
- Be prepared to learn, not just watch the CPS Technician install the car seat. They’re trained to teach you, not install it for you.
Please remember the CPS Technician is on-duty and should an emergency arise we may need to reschedule your appointment without warning.