Streets & Signs Information

The Street Department performs maintenance on 101 miles of streets within the city limits of Forney. The city receives multiple questions regarding roads in Forney. 

Services performed by the department include:

  • Cleaning of City Streets
  • Clearing Right of Ways
  • Mowing Right of Ways
  • Sign Maintenance and Repair
  • Street Maintenance and Repair
  • Tree Trimming (City Right of Ways)

Report a Problem

To report a fallen tree or utility line down in the right of way or to report a damaged or missing street sign, etc., contact the Public Works Field Operations Department Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 972-564-7340, and for after-hours, contact Police Dispatch at 972-552-6695

Street Lights Out

To report a street light out, contact Oncor Electric by calling 888-313-4747 or report it online at Oncor's website.

If you live in the Villages of Fox Hollow Subdivision, Grayhawk Subdivision or Trails of Chestnut Meadow Phase IV, you will need to contact Trinity Valley Electric at 972-932-2214.

If you have trouble with the Oncor website or reporting with Trinity Valley Electric, please email the Public Works Department. Please provide any numbers or pole markings from the street light when reporting the outages.